At of the end of Jack's fifth month, the kid weighs in at an impressive 17lb 4oz and measures a tremendous 28in. His enormity has given rise to a litany of new back pains for Ann, JD, and his granny-nanny. It has also given rise to a number of size-inspired nicknames including Jackzilla, Big Boy, Super Baby, Huge Monster Baby, and the Baby-Eating-Baby. Add these to our previous Jack Attack, Jack Jack, and 'Lil Sir, and we could go all day without ever calling him the same name twice.
Some of the big firsts from Jack's fifth month include:
- His first high-five (thanks to Zac!)
- His first purposeful rollover onto his belly (to play with a UGA football, of course)
- His first toe suck – followed promptly by his first toe eye-poke
- His first pilgrimage to Athens, Georgia where, much to JD's disappointment, none of the college girls found the presence of a baby the least bit interesting or attractive
- His first outdoor festival – the Decatur Book Festival, complete with funnel cakes and a capoeira team
- His first (and his second) little neighborhood friends – Karen and Greg's Jason and Patrick and Pam's Noah
- And his first solid-food meal – some delicious rice cereal served a la Similac
Ann has no sympathy.
Turns out we look a lot of pictures of the kid over the last month. Enjoy a selection of the best of Jack's fifth month:
Jack sleeping in the Northside Hospital waiting area
on the morning lil' Noah was born
Jack and JD napping after a busy day of air guitar and flying
(you'd be tired too if you spent all day with a baby
the size of a sack of potatoes. That wiggles.)
We're going to have trouble in a few years....
Jack and Ann playing, during his first trip to Athens
Zac teaching Jack how to high-five
Jack's first taste of solid food
...guess he liked it
(notice, the table is covered with a plastic trash bag.
Consider this advice for other parents)
Big John and 'lil Jack
Jack practicing to be a space captain in his JJ's ExerSaucer
(Don't bother me. I'm busy.)
JD and Jack at the Decatur Book Festival
Ann and Jack at the Decatur Book Festival
And, as ever, we saved the best for last...
The best lookin' kid in Roswell takes over Decatur