We rented a fantastic gulf-front house in the Carillon Beach community and took full advantage of the neighborhood. Jack even got to try his hand at swimming a second time in one of the community's heated pools – he loved it. He also loved Savannah, Haley's little girl. By coincidence, we ran into Haley and her twins at the beach. And Jack took the opportunity to attack her, while screaming, on the beach house floor. But mostly we just enjoyed the porch, the sun, the quiet, and the company.
The big excitement of the trip came when Jack spat out his first word, the night before his 7-month birthday. And while that first "dada" may have been accidental, Jack quickly figured out that Ann and JD loved it. The weeks since have been cacophony of "dada" "da" "ada" and "daddy" utterances. A number of folks have tried to temper JD's excitement at having won the battle for Jack's first word (his campaign started when Jack was just a few days old). But in a war where the cards are stacked so heavily in Ann's favor – Jack is a little momma's boy, after all – JD will take any victory he can get.
Now we'll get to work on "ma" ... and "Mountain Dew."
October was a busy month of firsts for the lil' sir:
- His first word! Da, of course
- His first trip to the beach
- His first green veggies – green beans
- His first ride in a shopping cart child seat
- His first time in a restaurant high chair
- His first time riding on daddy's shoulders
- His first destruction of property – his own book gummed to death and JD's necklace, ripped from around his neck
- His first sleep over at JJ's – while Ann and JD went to the UGA-Vanderbilt game
- His first banshee scream – loud enough to split your head right open...
Enjoy some pics.
Jack looking out on the Gulf of Mexico
A before-and-after series of Jack in Ann's Corona cowgirl hat
Jack needs to work on his pickup lines
Jack, dressed for the cool weather and making a gang sign... westside!
A cute moment between mommy and Jack.
Moments later, he was grabbing her hair and cackling like a banshee.
Ann on the porch near sunset
Jack taking a walk down the beach on one of the cool days
Ann and Jack on the beach
JD and Jack playing on the beach on one of the warmer days
Jack's first ride on daddy's shoulders
The cutest baby on the beach