A couple notable things from Jack's second month:
- He smiles. A lot. We love it.
- Jack has, on several occasions, slept 10+ hours through the night. We love that too. (As Ralph Waldo Emrson once said, "There was a never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.")
- Jack's available reading material is varied, to say the least. His GrandMary is fond of Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb, Ann reads to him from a Winnie The Pooh classic, and JD entertains him with some adult literature.
- Jack does a great air guitar.
- Jack burps easily. He farts easily, too. You take the good with the bad...
- Jack is a great dinner guest. He's been out to a number of restaurants and has, so far, been a great dinner companion (though he did make a face when we took him to the North River Tavern. Hopefully this doesn't mean that such bars are beneath him).
- JD is still batting 1000 on diaper changes without incident. Not to say that there haven't been some close calls or even that Ann hasn't been hit while JD was at the changing table (the kid has some crazy range). Here's to another incident free 22-months...
Check back soon for pictures from Jack's recent baptism. At least until next Sunday, he's the youngest Catholic in Roswell.
In the meantime, enjoy these pics of some of Jack's recent firsts:
Jack's first nap with daddy
Jack's first cigar (an Arturo Fuente Hemingway)
Jack's first bath, during and after
Jack's first trip to the park (the Big Creek Greenway)
Jack's first holiday (Cinco de Mayo)
Jack's first storytime (Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb, which Mary knows so well from having read it to Ann and Ed when they were kids that she doesn't need to look at the book!)
And, of course, his first smiles